it's so hard to pick the perfect jack-o-lantern. you want it to be in perfect round shape without any bumps or dents. have you picked yours yet? i wonder if ppl still go out to the farm to pick from a pumpkin patch when they can be easily found in your local grocery stores. i guess it's more fun for the kids to get on the hay ride, petting those cute farm creatures, circling in the maze etc. i feel like going to one now :)
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
i was tagged by the lovely WithLove,Elle from aussie. arigatou ne. check out her blog!
6 sorta interesting facts...........
1. i found out that i'm allergic to nuts, caffeine and dark chocolate in my junior year. been trying my best to stay away from all the temptations.
2. i'm 10k++ miles away from my family.
3. i love watching horror movies. i do get freak out and gross out and i might even scream, but i like the excitement, suspense and thriller. can't wait to go to a haunted mansion for halloween :D
4. i enjoy the smell/scent of freshly cut grass (kinda weird, huh?). it just gives me a warm feeling inside but i hate the noise from the lawn mower as i'm usually still in bed >_<
5. i hate doing dishes. i don't mind cooking, vacuuming, dusting, washing etc. i just don't like touching all the greasy leftovers.
6. i always daydream. i can even dream while i'm driving. fortunately i can still keep the wheels straight :-P
Sunday, October 4, 2009
cloud + rain = thunderstorm
i love shiseido tsubaki treatment with Camellia oil EX. my hair is usually dry and frizzy at the ends, but after using tsubaki my hair is so soft and silky. i applied it on my hair and put on a shower cap for 10 mins before rinsing. like the camellia scent as well.
here is Japan CM for Shiseido tsubaki products. It features a lot of japan celebrities. i like Maki Horikita in Hanazakari no Kimitachi e and Atanshinchi no Danshi. had a good laugh watching these dramas. also the song in the CM is by SMAP (Dear Woman). it's a catchy tune.
Oktoberfest !!! a celebration commemorating Crown Prince Ludwig (later King Ludwig I) and Princess Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen marriage. went to Fwhich is 1.5 hr away from austin. it's an old historical german town. some of the old buildings are still in sight. the weather was playing games with us. it was raining practically the whole day but it didn't stop the crowd from enjoying the festival. anyway, the journey was pretty interesting. saw horses, cows, sheep, goats and i think i saw camels. my friends didn't believe me. they said it's a llama. wonder who's right........
cows that look like tapir (white patch in the middle) + raindrops on my window
a historical museum greeting us......finally arrived !!
a stamped on my hand indicating that i'm part of the festival :)
tons of german food (sausages, bratwurst, Reiberdatschi (potato pancakes), Sauerkraut, german potato sald), music etc.
non-stop supply of german sausages
had bratwurst and sauerkraut with a roll. my mouth is way too small for this giant sausage. had to bite some bread, sausage and sauerkraut bit by bit
people dressing up for the festival...cute!!