the dresser that i have it’s not going to work for the cottage theme that i’m creating for my bedroom. so, the old dresser is hauled to the guest room and i went hunting on craigslist. found this gorgeous dresser. it’s not in the best shape as it was stored in a shed for a long time. cleaning, sanding and painting will turn this plain dresser to a beauty, don’t you think?
after i aired, cleaned and removed the disgusting and dirty liner (those things are extremely sticky), i’m ready to sand and prime. i just did 1 coat of prime and 3 coats of valspar summer grey (same as my vanity table). Add a coat of polyacrylic to protect it. i was planning to keep the original hardwarre rusty look but, decided to spray them since i will use this dresser often and don’t want my hands to have the rust stench every time i open the dresser. so glad i did.
i think my painting skill is slowly improving. the dresser stands handsomely in my room. the mr. was unhappy cos’ we traded a dresser with rails to one without. oh well…..he’ll get use to it.
i used fabric & modpodge(didn’t know its existence until i join the decor/craft blogsville wagon) as liner for all the drawers. it was hard work, but well worth it. don’t think i’ll put my clothes in it without liners :P
paint – from another project
spray paint – from another project